Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Already Missed a Month...Must Have Been Busy

So, my whole plan was to do this once a month and here I am having missed November...I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I know things have been busy. Let's see, what has been on my mind lately?

1) I spent most of November working on making all my Christmas cards (I made 72 of them and they were ready by the end of November). However, only about 1/3 have been mailed out so far...I guess I can aim to be better about that next year, but I still think people will appreciate them because I made each and every one of them myself.
2) This year I decided that rather than do tons of shopping for gifts and hoping that I find something that speaks to me about each person on my list, I'd make all my gifts. I figured that I have lots of scrapbooking supplies, why not try to use some of that and tap into my creative side? You know what? I am so pleased with how my gifts turned out, that I think I will try to keep this up for next year as well :)

3) I am really getting excited about seeing this new baby and seeing how my little girl adapts to being a big sister. I think she will be fabulous because she is a gentle soul and really is a sweetheart (that's what everyone tells me, and who am I to argue?). I look forward to watching the interaction between my girls. I only hope that my first one does not feel like she is not getting enough attention. I hope she doesn't feel "abandoned" by Mommy because I will have so much of my focus pulled away from her. We'll just have to wait and see...

4) We are less than a week away from Christmas and I still have yet to decorate! What the heck?! I usually do all the stuff the first weekend of the month, but this year with being pregnant and all, it has not been as easy to get things in line. However, this week is the beginning of my year of maternity leave, so I will get the decorating done. No way is my little girl going to NOT have a tree and decorations. I grew up in a house that was always decorated to the max and she's going to get the same thing (she loved it last year and was so excited every time I lit up the tree). Doggone it, it WILL get done!

5) I am pretty calm these days considering that there will be a new baby in about 2 weeks. I can't wait to hold a little one in my arms again :)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment