Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Beginnings of a New Blog

Well, this is my first entry in this new blog. It was inspired by the monthly "challenge" that I just saw on the blog "Just me, My Soldier and our 4 little chicks" which I have been following for some time. I thought, 'what a great idea' since it's the everyday moments that we often forget to keep track of. So here is my very first attempt to follow speaking from the heart...

1) These days I am reveling in my belly. The reason being that I am now 29 weeks pregnant with my second daughter and I seriously LOVE showing it off. There is just something so great in showing off the fact that I have a little miracle kicking away in there (and she kicks a LOT). Not to mention that it is pretty much the only time that I am not self-conscious about my abdominal area. I love being pregnant :)

2) There is a LOT to get done in the baby's room. For my first little girl we were way ahead of the game. This time, we are only a little over 2 months away from delivery time and the guest room that is now to be her room is a huge mess. It has become a bit of a storage area since we started to move things out and get it ready. I have to keep telling myself to tackle one thing at a time. First, I need to straighten up the master bedroom so that I can transfer my scrapbooking stuff from the guest/baby's room before I can help my husband clear out the room to get the painting done (which reminds me, we need to pick up the paint). Then there is an area in our living room that has also become a spot to drop things...ugh! One...thing...at...a...time...I did see a few things at IKEA last week that I think we will pick up this weekend (a new entertainment unit that is much larger than the one we have at the moment that will allow us to store more things and help with the clutter...and a long DIY desk that I can put scrapbooking stuff on that will be narrow enough to fit along the main wall in the master bedroom ~ perfect!).

3) I am loving the stage my little girl is at right now. She is always telling us, "I so happy!" and it makes me smile. She loves to give kisses (especially if she thinks it will make your "bo-bo" all better) and hugs. I will take as many as I can get before she realizes she is embarrassed by us. She is so expressive and her vocabulary is growing so fast. I am just in awe of the little person she is becoming.

4) I wish I was at the end of my pregnancy because I want to be on maternity leave now. I am tired of working and just need a break. I keep telling myself to hang in there because, before I know it, I will get to that year off I am so looking forward to!

5) I am being very conscious of preparing to take lots of pictures of the next baby as well as documenting similar milestones because I don't want her to feel like all my scrapbooking efforts went into her older sister and that she somehow got gypped. We have scheduled pregnancy photos for this one just like we did with the last one. I think it will be fun to do again!

Thanks to Stephanie Howell for inspiring me to do this. I am sure I will look back later on and be thankful I did this :)

And so my first entry comes to an end...Make sure you smile today (it leaves better wrinkles later on ~ lol)!

5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS! Such a beautiful,special time in your life! Thanks so much for joining in :) xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! WTG on starting a blog! You will be so glad you did! And you look awesome, btw. I just wanted to leave a little bloggy love to encourage you to keep on postin'. It's a good thing!

    Oh, and my hat's totally off to you being a working mom. I did that briefly (like, one day a week for a couple of years), and hated it. You are an amazing woman to raise a family and keep a job. Like I said, Hat's Off! *applauding and cheering*

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post--I'm 24 weeks with my first:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your blog...congrats on the arrival of Ellie. She is a cutie! Enjoy every moment with her...you are in for a great ride...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all the kind words ladies!

    ReplyDelete